Pentair Overview - Pentair is 30,000 employees strong. We work around the globe to deliver industry-leading products, service and solutions for our customers’ diverse needs in water and other fluids, thermal management and equipment protection. Our inventive thinking, collaborative spirit, disciplined work ethic and breadth of experts allows us to deliver Inspired Solutions for a Changing World. Through our capabilities as a company, our innovative products and our Win Right values, we have the opportunity to define a clear and compelling role for Pentair in the global community. Everything we do is driven by our passion to help people live better, and we are committed to creating inspired solutions for a changing world.
Reporting to the Vice President European Operations, the individual selected will be tasked with development, implementation and sustainment of world class lean manufacturing principles and disciplines, all while keeping a customer focused attitude. Key measures of performance include: safety, quality, on-time delivery, lead time reduction, cost productivity, and inventory improvement. A special focus on organizational development and talent planning will be a key component of the role as well.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive overall operational excellence through the application of best-in-class lean practices and processes. Champion implementation of the Pentair Integrated Management System (PIMS) Lean Enterprise principles and processes.
- Address key business performance challenges through structured problem solving based on root cause identification and corrective action.
- Identify and address manufacturing issues and drive excellence in: SQDCC (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Cash). Lead daily operations. Drive processes to support lean (e.g. – SIOP, E&O, Inventory Management process).
- Establish and achieve performance goals and objectives for factory operations. Provide feedback and corrective action to achieve goals and objectives.
- Build capabilities, tools and processes to reduce total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Focus on talent and organizational development, develop an effective succession planning process, and creates a culture focused on continuous improvement.
- Build a strong operations talent base. Partner with human resources to develop talent management strategies.
- Institute and exemplify a culture of accountability, positive energy and teamwork.
- Lead daily operations ensuring customer expectations are consistently satisfied, products and services always meet the quality specifications and all resources are fully utilized to provide a cost-effective product and service.
- Manage labor utilization and variable costs (supplies, energy, tooling, maintenance, etc) to budgeted targets and volume.
- Develop and manage to the approved capital expenditure plan.
- Enforce company safety regulations and improve safety culture and procedures.
- Support and maintain nondiscriminatory practices in accordance with Affirmative Action Program.
- Promote good public relations in the local community.
- Support and execute special projects and tasks as assigned.
- Support and partner with the Strategic Business Unit Leader on growth and operations strategies.
Job Requirements & Skills
BS or BA degree plus 10+ years’ experience in manufacturing
(preferred degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Industrial Operations)
Masters’ Degree in Business (MBA) desirable but not mandatory
- Plant operations, lean and materials experience. Quality and manufacturing engineering are a plus.
- Experience in managing chemical processes.
- Preferred experience and understanding of polymers, fiber extrusion and water chemistry.
- Previous experience in demonstrating positive leadership in areas such as finance, manufacturing and materials.
- Must have demonstrated experience working effectively across a site to develop and strengthen key business relationships.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills. Experience with change management and driving continuous improvement activities.
- Demonstrates clear understanding of all tasks and processes within manufacturing.
- Previous experience/ strong understanding of budgeting/ expense management with a moderate understanding of financial accounting principles.
- Has a high level of technical competence in employee management, assembly operations, continuous improvement techniques, quality systems, replenishment systems, Lean Manufacturing strategies, and manufacturing technologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and computer literacy (MS Office Suite).
Physical & Mental Demands: Stress created with volume of work and time constraints necessary to complete. Travel as required by car, air, etc. Work environment is an office attached to manufacturing plant with machine noise and lift truck traffic. Temperatures in plant vary by season.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Builds high performance teams and is a strong team player.
- Strong commitment to company values.
- Able to manage conflict.
- Demonstrated structured problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational and planning capabilities.
- Results oriented attitude.
- Proven influencing and stakeholder management skills – direct and indirect.
- Ability to develop and lead a high performance team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High level of personal enthusiasm and self-motivation.
- Results oriented with a bias for action.
- Inspires trust through open communication and collaboration.
Please send you resume including motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information reach out to our Jordan Nixon, Talent Acquisition Manager at Pentair Flow & Filtration Solutions (email@example.com).